Meg and Averi
1. You know that shoveling poop is not only a huge part of life, but it’s a privilege, and a great workout.
2. You don’t get offended when people say you smell like a barn, and you don’t even flinch when a friend pulls a piece of hay out of your hair
3. You know that once you get to know them, every horse has a unique personality.
4. You’ve never had a manicure that has lasted more than 10 hours.
5. You have many pairs of shoes, but most of them are dirty, scuffed-up boots
6. You spend more money on vet bills than your own medical bills
7. You get most of your veggies by sharing carrots with your horse
8. You’ve definitely tried sweet feed on a particularly hungry day.
9. You’ve attempted (and mostly failed) the with-horse selfie more times than you can count, and the horse’s face NEVER FITS IN THE FRAME.
10. You’ve ignored the warnings on fly spray bottles and used it all over yourself on particularly buggy days.
11. Your weekends are always spent at muddy horse show grounds instead of at the club
12. As a kid, you read Black Beauty, Misty of Chincoteague, and The Saddle Club books til they fell apart.
13. When you inevitably ended up in the hospital from a riding accident, your first question to the doctor was how long it would be before you could ride again
14. People laugh when you refer to your horses as your children, but you’re totally serious
15. You idolized John Lyons, Stacey Westfall, and Clinton Anderson instead of famous pop stars
16. You collected Breyer horses instead of Barbie dolls as a kid (and if you had both, your Barbie dolls rode your Breyer horses).
17. You might have sucked in gym class, but you could lift a huge hay bale over your head without an issue.
18. Your favorite clothes have always featured horses, and most of your outfits double as barn clothes so you don’t have to change when you inevitably end up there later that day.
19. As a kid, if any movie even had a slight reference to a horse in it, it was your new favorite. (And if it was all about horses, you watched it on repeat.)